This blog contains reflections and thoughts on my work as a software engineer

tirsdag den 10. marts 2009

Why developers love a big whiteboard

If you ever wondered why developer's love for whiteboards is so passionate you get the answer here:

http://www.agile-software-development.com/2009/03/power-of-whiteboard.html

I like the last comment best:

"Tools can certainly help to organise information more efficiently. But I would challenge any tool to do all of that! I'm not against tools. Not at all. But I think they should supplement the whiteboard, not replace it. Tools should be used for things they can do that a whiteboard can't. For instance, keeping track of longer lasting information, doing calculations, searching, etc."

Question, just out of curiouosity - it might even be a little stupid but here goes: Did you ever work somewhere (as a developer) where whiteboards were regarded as You Ain't Gonna Need It ??

Regards K.

Ingen kommentarer: